Summer Time-of-Use (TOU) periods and Tiered pricing thresholds take effect from May 1, 2022 to October 31, 2022. Note: TOU &...
News & Events
Temporary Changes to Screening Guidelines for LEAP for 2022 Questions & Answers Background: On January 10, 2022, to further...
The Ontario Energy Board (OEB) has announced that electricity prices for households and small businesses will not change as of...
Ontario Energy Board Approves Wellington North Power electricity distribution rates effective May 1, 2022
2022 Electricity Distribution Rate Application (OEB File #: EB:2021-0064) On March 24, 2022, the energy regulator, the Ontario...
Effective from Feb 8 2022, electricity prices for Residential & and Small Businesses return to the rates in place prior to...
The Ontario government has set electricity rates at the off-peak rate of 8.2¢/kWh, 24 hours per day from January 18 – February...
If your power has gone out or you're having trouble with your electricity, call our outage/after hours phone number:
We're available 24 hours a day.
If you're having a life-threatening emergency, call 911.
Do not approach a downed power line. Keep a distance of least 10 metres and call your local hydro office and 911
Ontario Electricity Rebate (OER) – Changes to Eligibility Requirements
The Ontario government has revised the Ontario Rebate for Electricity Consumers Act, 2016 (Click here – O.Reg 363/16).
Changes to Eligibility Requirements and New Customer Notice Requirements:
Effective July 1, 2022, the following types of consumer accounts will become eligible for the Ontario Electricity Rebate (OER):
- Common areas in individually metered multi-unit complexes that contain at least 50% residential units, such as condominiums.
- Residential mobile home parks.
- Retirement residences that are not long-term care homes, but do not meet eligibility criteria as a residential multi-unit complex.
What you need to do:
- If your business/organization was not receiving the Ontario Electricity Rebate (OER) and now do meet the revised eligibility requirements, you will need to provide the required notice to your hydro company, Wellington North Power Inc. If you do not provide the notice, you will not automatically receive OER from July 1, 2022. The “required notice” is completion of the the OER form – Self Declaration Form – Ontario Electricity Rebate Notice .
- If you currently receive the Ontario Electricity Rebate, there is no action required by you.
For more details as well as questions & answers visit: Click here for more information
Since November 1, 2019, this rebate is captured as a single line item on electricity bills named the “Ontario Electricity Rebate.” (Historically, this rebate was captured through an 8% rebate, intended to offset the provincial portion of HST, along with a “Global Adjustment modifier” intended to reduce the monthly impact of the Global Adjustment.)
The rebate is calculated on the base amount of the electricity bill, prior to applying Harmonized Sales Tax (HST). The base amount includes the electricity charge, delivery charge, and regulatory charge. It will exclude additional charges that may appear on bills such as late payment charges, or the provision of other services.