Your local hydro company, Wellington North Power, is conducting a Customer Satisfaction Survey by telephone from January to...
News & Events
Happy Holidays from the Staff and Directors at Wellington North Power. For emergencies (reporting a downed powerline or a power...
A winter snow-storm, an ice-storm, strong winds - these can cause damage to your home and create dangerous electrical hazards....
Restored: Power is back on in Arthur and surrounding areas. Cause: There is a Hydro One transmission pole on fire north of...
The Ontario Energy Board (OEB), the energy regulator, has seen a 77% increase in the number of reported scam calls, including...
Call For Nominations: The Townships of Wellington North and Southgate as the shareholders of Wellington North Power Inc. (WNP)...
If your power has gone out or you're having trouble with your electricity, call our outage/after hours phone number:
We're available 24 hours a day.
If you're having a life-threatening emergency, call 911.
Do not approach a downed power line. Keep a distance of least 10 metres and call your local hydro office and 911
Ontario Electricity Rebate (OER) – Changes to Eligibility Requirements
The Ontario government has revised the Ontario Rebate for Electricity Consumers Act, 2016 (Click here – O.Reg 363/16).
Changes to Eligibility Requirements and New Customer Notice Requirements:
Effective July 1, 2022, the following types of consumer accounts will become eligible for the Ontario Electricity Rebate (OER):
- Common areas in individually metered multi-unit complexes that contain at least 50% residential units, such as condominiums.
- Residential mobile home parks.
- Retirement residences that are not long-term care homes, but do not meet eligibility criteria as a residential multi-unit complex.
What you need to do:
- If your business/organization was not receiving the Ontario Electricity Rebate (OER) and now do meet the revised eligibility requirements, you will need to provide the required notice to your hydro company, Wellington North Power Inc. If you do not provide the notice, you will not automatically receive OER from July 1, 2022. The “required notice” is completion of the the OER form – Self Declaration Form – Ontario Electricity Rebate Notice .
- If you currently receive the Ontario Electricity Rebate, there is no action required by you.
For more details as well as questions & answers visit: Click here for more information
Since November 1, 2019, this rebate is captured as a single line item on electricity bills named the “Ontario Electricity Rebate.” (Historically, this rebate was captured through an 8% rebate, intended to offset the provincial portion of HST, along with a “Global Adjustment modifier” intended to reduce the monthly impact of the Global Adjustment.)
The rebate is calculated on the base amount of the electricity bill, prior to applying Harmonized Sales Tax (HST). The base amount includes the electricity charge, delivery charge, and regulatory charge. It will exclude additional charges that may appear on bills such as late payment charges, or the provision of other services.